Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Taming FleaFPGAs USB host
05-09-2014, 09:53 PM (This post was last modified: 05-10-2014 03:00 AM by Fleasystems.)
RE: Taming FleaFPGAs USB host
(05-09-2014 08:36 PM)TimMcD0n41d Wrote:  I did some testing and the problem is with the usb host connector it has 5V at the board but the pins inside the connector only show voltage if probed just rite. I can get the led in my mouse to light up if the USB connector is inserted just so far and even then its flaky losing connection if shifted slightly.

It is more likely that the LED in your USB mouse isn't turning on because the CH376 on your FleaFPGA board hasn't received a valid reset command packet via the UART.

For the record, I was the one who tested everyone's FleaFPGA boards (including the USB host port, of course). I can also say for the record that of all the tested USB ports, none exhibited the behaviour you describe above.

Before you go taking any pics of the connector itself etc, here's a simple test for you to try:

Configure your FleaFPGA with the new x86 soft-core that you've already tried and then download the following USB Flashdrive utility and save it to the SD card you've prepared for booting FreeDOS.

USB.EXE is a DOS utility that allows (8.3 format) files to be accessed from a USB Flash/pen-drive connected to the USB host port on FleaFPGA (Warning: For this test, it recommended that you use only a USB flash drive and SD card containing no valuable user data..).

To get help on how to run the utility, simply type "USB" at the command prompt and press enter.

To get a directory listing of your USB flashdrive (i.e. the one that you've connected to your FleaFPGA's host port ;-), type "USB DIR *" and then press Enter.

Let me know how that works for you. Thanks!

Regards Valentin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Taming FleaFPGAs USB host - Fleasystems - 02-22-2014, 11:43 PM
RE: Taming FleaFPGAs USB host - miriam - 02-23-2014, 08:05 AM
RE: Taming FleaFPGAs USB host - Fleasystems - 05-09-2014 09:53 PM