Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Introducing FleaFPGA Uno
09-14-2015, 06:58 PM (This post was last modified: 09-14-2015 08:10 PM by Fleasystems.)
Introducing FleaFPGA Uno
Hello tinkerers! Smile

It's been a while since my last post here, so I thought I'd share with you what I have been up to of late.

Give the success of my FleaFPGA experimenters board, I was encouraged to attempt a design that:

1.) Covered features not found on my existing hardware.
2.) Simpler, lower-cost option to complement (but not replace) the original FleaFPGA offering.
3.) Offers Arduino™-style R3 Compatibility, at least on the hardware level (albeit for 3.3V-compatible shields only, but still).

So, after a few months of behind-the-scenes tinkering, here's my new (and lower-cost) "FleaFPGA Uno" board:

[Image: FleaUno_E1.jpg]

[Image: FleaUno_E1_bottom.jpg]

Basic Specifications:
  • Lattice MachXO2-7000 FPGA.
  • Digital Video out.
  • Configurable PS2 or USB host interface.
  • 512KB x 8 fast 10ns SRAM (Expandable to 2MByte)
  • 16MByte user SPI Flash ROM.
  • Composite analog video and stereo audio (AV) out.
  • Six high-speed ADC and also 16 x Digital GPIO.
  • Optional WIFI interface (ESP8266).

Regarding software: Very recently the excellent FPGArduino/F32c project was successfully ported to the FleaFPGA Uno platform.
My original intent for FleaFPGA Uno was to use my own Sweet32 CPU softcore.

Also, just for fun I ported minimal examples of existing Apple2 and zx81 retro systems to the FleaFPGA Uno. Other retro systems that require external SRAM (not DRAM) could also be made to work on the new hardware..

As for the estimated (USD$) cost for the FleaFPGA Uno, that is looking to be around $50 with 512KB SRAM installed or $60 including the WiFi option.

Well that's all for now. Further details to follow regarding availability among other news. Please keep an eye out for further news and thanks for reading!

Regards,
Valentin Angelovski
LEGAL DISCLAIMER: Arduino is a registered trademark of their respective owners. My project is not affiliated with them in any way.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Introducing FleaFPGA Uno - Fleasystems - 09-14-2015 06:58 PM
RE: Introducing FleaFPGA Uno - Fleasystems - 10-04-2015, 04:01 PM
RE: Introducing FleaFPGA Uno - Fleasystems - 12-26-2015, 11:30 PM