Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problems installing F32C toolchain
11-30-2015, 01:47 PM (This post was last modified: 11-30-2015 03:21 PM by Myndale.)
Problems installing F32C toolchain
I've run into a problem installing the tool chain for F32C on Flea UNO. I've done a fresh install of both 1.6.6 and 1.6.4 (currently left it on the latter) and I followed the instructions over at their site, but if I simply add the line "Serial.begin(9600);" anywhere in the code I get an error:

Code:
MyApp.ino: In function 'void setup()':
MyApp:3: error: 'Serial' was not declared in this scope
'Serial' was not declared in this scope

The f32c serialprint example isn't compiling either (the other architectures seem to compile fine). I've tried both the automatic and manual installs, same problem occurs on each.

Any ideas what the problem might be? Or should I ask the f32c guys about this one?

Ok, I've looked into this a bit deeper now and it looks like a genuine tool chain issue, the Serial externs have been commented out of variant.h:

Code:
#ifdef __cplusplus
#include "UARTClass.h"

//extern UARTClass<IO_SIO_BYTE, IO_SIO_STATUS, IO_SIO_BAUD> Serial;            // FTDI USB UART
//extern UARTClass<IO_SIO_BYTE_1, IO_SIO_STATUS_1, IO_SIO_BAUD_1> Serial1;    // ESP-8266 UART
#endif

Commenting them back in results in a compile time error due to the fact that UARTClass (on my machine at least) is not a templated class. Instancing it with the non-templated version however works fine, so at least I now have debug output. Smile

Val, I'm guessing you had to template this in order to add ESP8266 support, have I missed an install step or have you simply not had a chance yet to release your changes?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Problems installing F32C toolchain - Myndale - 11-30-2015 01:47 PM