Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Board design
07-20-2013, 04:16 AM
Board design
2 things I regretted about the board for the tiny.

Only 3 mounting points/lugs. Is that going to handle the G-forces in my exo- er of mobile use?

Connectors on both sides of the board. If you lay the bare board down it's hard to get at least 1 connector & doesn't that make it harder to fit in a standard case? Maybe with MicroSD instead of full-size you could fit all the consumer connectors on 1 side, or at least have room for a lug on every corner! Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-24-2013, 03:08 PM
RE: Board design
(07-20-2013 04:16 AM)Oh!thePain! Wrote:  2 things I regretted about the board for the tiny.

Only 3 mounting points/lugs. Is that going to handle the G-forces in my exo- er of mobile use?

Not sure what you're counting there, but FleaFPGA currently has only two mounting holes (one in an opposing corner). Given the size of the board, I figured anything more than one will be sufficient Big Grin

(07-20-2013 04:16 AM)Oh!thePain! Wrote:  Connectors on both sides of the board. If you lay the bare board down it's hard to get at least 1 connector & doesn't that make it harder to fit in a standard case? Maybe with MicroSD instead of full-size you could fit all the consumer connectors on 1 side, or at least have room for a lug on every corner! Smile

MicroSD will make things easier though not by much. Also, I only have/use normal SD cards here and those already go walkabout on my (cluttered) workbench.. Wink

Regards Valentin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply