No ARMs !
Want ARM if ....
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A flea with an ARM
02-16-2013, 09:48 AM
RE: A flea with an ARM
(02-16-2013 04:09 AM)Oh!thePain! Wrote:  If there are usable, available, suitable FOSS chips available (Sweet32 or SweetFA?) they are best for the product & society and also address a neglected market segment. OTOH, if you are no longer doing what interests you most, it's less of a hobby. It becomes primarily a crusade or a business.

If we have a crusade;- since Intel is not a human is it still against forum rules to call for it's destruction? How about potato blight on all it's chips? Tongue
A flea with an ARM and wings? That would be something!
Something very strrrrrrrrange! Dodgy

Replace the ARM with a logic-probe/oscis & you'd have a small mosquito! Rolleyes
If there are usable, available, suitable FOSS chips available (Sweet32 or SweetFA?)
If we have a crusade;- since Intel is not a human is it still against forum rules to call for it's destruction? How about potato blight on all it's chips?
Hey I enjoy my jokes, if you don't that's your problem! Tongue

Smile

Jokes aside, let's move back to the original thread topic and perhaps discuss what kind of ARM core could be used on a future fleatiny shall we? Wink

Regards Valentin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-16-2013, 12:28 PM (This post was last modified: 02-16-2013 12:30 PM by Fleasystems.)
Whilst this is somewhat old news now, it was still an interesting read:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-11-06...o-arm.html

Seems that ARM indirectly bought out MIPS to secure the bulk of it's patent IP..
02-16-2013, 05:29 PM
(02-15-2013 12:01 AM)Fleasystems Wrote:  Going away from ARM for a bit - when I laid down the design for Flea86 around three years ago, I also had the option to use a non-ARM 32-bit core (openRISC). Whilst I opted for the more challenging route (yet another 8051 based design), I believe that a unique opportunity to apply openRISC to the problem was overlooked..

I hadn't heard of the OpenRISC effort. A quick search on Google and perusal of several pages later, I'm delighted that such a project exists.

By the way, David tells me that you're selling flea systems. If so, please put me down for one each of Fleatiny, Flea86, and FleaFPGA whenever they become available. Where do I send the money and how much?

Best wishes,

- Miriam
02-17-2013, 12:38 AM
(02-16-2013 05:29 PM)miriam Wrote:  By the way, David tells me that you're selling flea systems. If so, please put me down for one each of Fleatiny, Flea86, and FleaFPGA whenever they become available. Where do I send the money and how much?

Best wishes,

- Miriam

PM sent Smile
01-04-2014, 09:34 AM
When FleaARM than ARM DIP...
http://www.adafruit.com/blog/2012/03/13/...-packages/

50 MHz
32KB Flash
8KB SRAM