Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem with JTAG under VirtualBox
01-09-2015, 06:40 AM (This post was last modified: 02-13-2015 05:15 PM by Fleasystems.)
Problem with JTAG under VirtualBox
Hello all,

I use Lattice Diamond software under XP on an Oracle VirtualBox. For the most part, this works OK, including FPGA programming. However, the FleaFPGA programming utility frequently freezes and the only way out is to reboot the virtual box.

Question: Has anyone else seen this problem? Is there another way the FleaFPGA can be programmed? Thanks.

-- Wayne
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-13-2015, 07:44 PM (This post was last modified: 01-13-2015 07:54 PM by Fleasystems.)
RE: Problem with FleaFPGA JTAG Utility
Hello Wayne,

Thanks for your Question.

I cannot speak for others, but I can say that I have not attempted to run Lattice Diamond and/or Flea JTAG in a Virtualized environment. Works perfectly fine in a native Windows-based environment, of course.

Just curious, but what OS are you using to host VirtualBox? If it is Linux, perhaps yourself and others might be interested in reading this thread. Smile

Regards Valentin
01-14-2015, 01:34 AM
RE: Problem with FleaFPGA JTAG Utility
Yes, I am using a linux host so I'll e-mail you about the linux version of the utility. Thanks for the feedback.

-- Wayne