Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PS/2 - USB Connections
12-19-2019, 04:42 AM (This post was last modified: 12-19-2019 11:13 PM by wvisser.)
PS/2 - USB Connections
Hello,

PS/2 keyboards and mice can be wired into the USB1/2 ports on the FleaFPGA-Ohm. What's the correct way to wire that up? Is it possible to simply use a PS/2 to USB adapter. I thought I'd ask before inadvertently frying something! Thanks for any help.

Wayne
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-30-2019, 01:50 PM (This post was last modified: 12-30-2019 01:56 PM by Fleasystems.)
RE: PS/2 - USB Connections
Thanks for your question.

While you can use a passive USB to PS/2 adapter with FleaFPGA Ohm, please be aware however that not all PS/2 to USB passive adapters have exactly the same pinout! Please find attached the expected wiring diagram of a suitable adapter.

For the record, I bought my adapter from an local electronics store here in Australia: http://www.jaycar.com.au/usb-to-ps2-...emale/p/PA0915 (pictured in white moulded casing, but scored black ones instead...).

Anyway, I don't think the case color helps much, only thing that helps is to double-check the wiring against a known good diagram.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply